The benefits of swimming
Swimming is one of the most effective remedies. It is shown without restriction to almost all healthy people of any age with lifeguard training near me.
Ancient Indian philosophers identified 10 benefits of swimming that give a person: clarity of mind, freshness, strength, health, strength, beauty, youth, purity, pleasant skin color and the attention of beautiful women.
The main characteristic of this species is being in a water environment in a relaxed anti-gravity (the density of water is almost 800 times the density of air) in a horizontal position.
Since water has a high thermal conductivity (30 times more than air), this requires increased energy consumption of the body when performing even low-intensity loads. So, staying in water at a temperature of 24-25 ° C for 3-4 minutes is accompanied by an increase in metabolism by 50-70%. The energy consumption when doing physical exercises in water is more than 2 times higher than the energy consumption when performing the same exercises in the air. Therefore, swimming is the preferred remedy for overweight people.
In swimming, energy consumption depends on the speed and method of swimming:
- when swimming in freestyle at a speed of 10 m/min, energy consumption is 3.6 kcal/min;
- 20 m / min – 5,1 kcal / min;
- 50 m / min – 12,2 kcal / min.
The health benefits of swimming
Swimming has a beneficial effect on many functional systems of the body:
- the respiratory muscles are strengthened, the mobility of the joints of the chest increases, the vital capacity and ventilation capacity of the lungs increase, the function of the respiratory system is significantly improved;
- the force of gravity on the spinal column is reduced, the muscular corset of the chest is strengthened, which leads to improved posture;
- the positive effect of the aquatic environment on the nervous system is manifested in the stimulating activity of the brain, the acceleration of the elimination of the phenomena of fatigue during intense mental work, the increase of the mobility of nervous processes;
- hydromassage of the skin contributes to the improvement of the regulation of the body’s autonomic functions, reflex stimulation of the cardiovascular system, improvement of peripheral blood circulation;
- increases the body’s resistance to the effects of low temperatures.